Tuesday, March 31, 2009

He Reached (For) The Summit!




If you have teen children, you understand when I say they sometimes can be very dismissive of their parents endeavors. Dad's a five-star gourmet chef? Just give me a burger and fries. Mom's a concert pianist? That stuff is lame.

I was blown away the other day when my son came to me and asked, "Do you have any more of that soap?" That "soap" he was referring to was our new Summit bar! I had put a bar in his bathroom thinking it would brighten the room and make it smell good. I left his old soap there, not wanting to upset the family apple cart. After all, mom makes "smelly soap," and that stuff's for girls.

I quietly got another bar of Summit and checked his bathroom. Sure enough, the old bar was worn down to a little, black-and-white sliver. Woohoo! It reminded me of that old cereal commercial: "He likes it! Hey, Mikey! He likes it!" Maybe mom and her soaps aren't so lame, after all.

Pine Mountain Summit bar soap. Kid tested and approved. But don't tell him I told you.


No comments:

Post a Comment